22 April, 2014

Engagement Ramblings...

It's not so much time to update, but more so to elaborate.

Two weeks ago, I announced that Jon and I were officially engaged. And yes, it is true, I shall be marrying the love of my life, my soulmate, my goof next Autumn.

Jon did things a little backwards. He asked me to marry him before he talked to my parents about getting their blessing/ permission. Fecking Polack. xD But he did talk to them, and they were more than ecstatic about it.  My father actually told Jon that he didn't need to ask, but I know my father and I know he really did appreciate Jon asking.

As for a ring, we don't have one...yet. Jon decided he wanted to go through that process together. Instead of risking getting me a ring that I'm in love with. It's actually really sweet. It means we can go together to pick out our rings and such. I like that idea, and so does he. We actually have rings ideas already, but I won't post any pictures here, mostly because we're not dead set on anything yet.

But we're going for an Autumn wedding, it suits us. The weather is not too hot and not too cold, just right. Plus, I love the Autumn season, it's suits my coloring and the general theme. Much to my Aunt Diana's distaste, I have no intention of going to the Justice of the Peace and spending a fortune of a honeymoon. I will have the wedding that Jon and I want, and still have a fantastic honeymoon. Basically the 70,000 tons of Metal cruise is our goal for the honeymoon. It'll be awesome, I'm sure I'll keep the blog updated with some wedding/honeymoon related things.

You're probably wondering how he asked. And I shall tell you. I actually thought that he was joking when he asked. We had been talking about getting married, the things we wanted and how far in the future we wanted children and that sort of thing. And then nonchalantly, Jon just stopped me and asked me to marry him. No ring, no big surprise, nothing like that. Just a simple proposal. And that is why I thought he was joking at first. But after making sure he wasn't I gave him my answer and the rest is history. ^.^

As I get more details figured out, I shall post more about that, and such. But for now, this is enough about the matter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment