03 December, 2011

I... don't... get.. it.. *twitches*

Ok, so I know I was/am doing the 30 day challenge, but I have to add this random blog in between because I find a real need to.

     What the f*ck is up with everyone getting engaged and/or married by the time they're 22? Four good friends I know have either become engaged or married before anyone of them even hit their twenty-second birthday... I just don't get it. Was there a memo that said "You belong in this generation and you "must" get married before you hit 22. Otherwise you will wither away and never get married"? Did I miss that memo? Guess so, because I have this aversion to getting married before 25. It's not that I don't want to get married, it's that at 18, 19 or even 20... how do you honestly know you want to spend the rest of your life with someone? Have you even tread out in the "waters" to see what else was out there... or are you just settling for the first opportunity that comes your way?
     I'm sorry.. wait no I'm really not... not for believing what I do on this. I've seen what early marriages do. Those marriages that are straight out of high school or in college... how many of those ever actually work out? The answer, not many. Now I'm not putting those who choose to get married down, but seriously... stop and think about it. Do you at the age of 20 want to give up your youth, the fun and all that jazz? I know I don't... I want to be able to go out with the guy I love and have fun... truly get to know him, and allow him to get to know me. You know... a long term relationship. Then and only then would I want to get married, and even after that I'd still want to go out and have fun with this person, not just sit at waiting for him to come home from work, or get pregnant within the first year of marriage. I still want to be able to have fun with this person, not feel chained to them because I chose to get married young, had a kid(s) with them, or am simply too afraid to leave them.
     Seriously need to stop now, because that was so a mini rant and a half, and what's ever worse is I could keep going on this topic. xD I'm also pretty sure I'm going to hear bitching from at least two people about this blog... but at this point I don't care. Ok, yep.. I'm done now.... O. e

No comments:

Post a Comment