07 August, 2013

It's all like a puzzle... a very large, complicated jigsaw puzzle.

It seems like things are finally falling into place more or less for me. I still hate my job, yes I know I haven't been there very long, but I can't stand having to sit in the same spot for eight hours a day, taking phone calls from rather rude people. Not exactly my idea of a fun job. Just a buffer to get from one place to another. Even the Human Resources guy at work knows this, and actually more than appreciates my candor and complete honesty on the subject.

But I did finally get my MBLEX testing set up, took me long enough, I know. That's $195 more than well spent. I'll have enough after my next paycheck to be able to send in my application to the state medical board, and finally be done with all of this. Woot! ^-^

On top of that, Jon and I are considering buying a car. Nothing extravagant, just a little '95 Nissan Sentra. Basically just a car to be able to get me from point a to point b. What's great, is that it has pretty low mileage, it's in great shape and it's relatively cheap too.

With all of this falling in to place, it would mean I'd be able to move by the end of October, which more than suits myself and Jon. This whole compromising with my father over, and over again is seriously starting to piss us both off, for the simple fact that he never keeps his word with any of it. But such is life I suppose.

Oh, oh... on slightly sadder news, my favorite incense shop burnt down. Quite saddening that I was just in there the other day and then coming home one day from the store it was up in flames and billowing black smoke. And Ukazoo, my absolute favorite used book store is closing down. That I think saddens me even more than the incense shop. I adore books, I collect them, I literally devour their words. And now, the one place I could find cheaply priced books is closing it's doors. :/

 I get to spend the day with my brunette partner in crime. It's been over a month since I've seen her, far too long in my opinion. We don't have much planned, just a day of hanging out and such. Much needed at this point. Work is draining me, though it might get better if Keanu gets hired in at the same place. So yay!

And finally, it's just three more days until the Rob Zombie, Machine Head, and Mastodon concert. That promises to be most fun. Plus it's a date night/ weekend for Jon and I, VERY much needed. Granted he was just here last weekend, but I haven't truly seen him since the weekend before my birthday, which really just sucks. But we make due, we always have and always will. It's just who we are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment