17 August, 2013

The first date...

Ok, so now that you know how we met and how we got to the point of Jon asking me out. Now I suppose it is time for me to talk about our first date. Which to say the very least was unconventional.

Originally Jon asked me out to a Cannibal Corpse concert, such a romantic first date, right? Well, of course it is. All my favorite love songs are by Cannibal Corpse. xD However, that was not our first date, that was actually our third date.

Now, you're probably asking yourself, "Rachael, you said this was about your first date", and I assure you it is; I'm just getting around the details on how we ended up on the first date that we did end up going on. So instead of Cannibal Corpse being our first date, we ended getting tickets to see Dethklok and a bunch of others.







So after our 2.5 drive from Toledo, we made our way to the LLC for the concert with Jon's band mate Todd, and his wife Theresa. So it was actually a double date. But it was awesome. Loud, full of energy, and just a good time. Not many couples can say that their first date was to a metal concert. What's even more awesome is that we, being the dorks that we are, we more or less slow danced for one entire band set, and held hands throughout the concert.

All in all, the best first date I've ever had... not that the few I had in the past were ever in the running to compare with that. Jon knows me better than anyone else, so it was honestly the perfect date for the two of us. ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment